What is non-surgical body contouring?
When we diet and exercise exercise to lose weight, most of us see fat reduction in areas we didn’t intend. All the sit-ups in the world won’t help you lose fat in the belly, although your muscle strength will improve there.
Body sculpting or contouring devices help us choose exactly where we want to focus attention to fat reduction and muscle building. These aesthetic tools focus their energies on reducing fat in specific areas where diet and exercise alone aren’t achieving the desired results.
Body sculpting isn’t a substitute for leading a healthy lifestyle and watching your weight.
Think of it as a refining tool that helps you take those last few steps to uncover your perfect shape.
Plastic surgery used to be necessary to achieve a more refined body shape. Developments in the scientific understanding of fat cells during the past decade has led to a new generation of body sculpting technologies that don’t require surgery.
After body sculpting treatment, you do have to continue eating sensibly and not pile on the pounds, as the remaining fat cells can still expand to store excess energy from your diet.
What types of body sculpting are available?
There are several different technologies available for achieving effective body sculpting:
- CoolSculpting – CoolSculpting uses the science of cryolipolysis, which involves freezing fat cells in the target area. The fat cells die after freezing, and your body breaks them down and disposes of the remains in the weeks following treatment. CoolSculpting is noninvasive and recovery time is limited. There may be some tenderness and bruising afterwards. Occasionally, there may be stunning of superficial nerve endings which may take several weeks to recover.
- SculpSure – SculpSure achieves targeted fat reduction using noninvasive laser energy. Unlike liposuction or plastic surgery, laser energy safely passes through the skin. The destroyed fat cells are permanently cleared from the body by immune cells. The result is a smooth and tapered reduction of fat cells from areas such as the abdomen, love handles, inner or outer thighs, upper back, and under the chin.
- Emsculpt – The focus of Emsculpt is to build muscle. While it is ideal for achieving a well-defined six-pack, many patients use it as part of a core-muscle strengthening program. It also helps to burn fat. This treatment is ideal for those looking to help define muscles and improve core strength.
- Indiba Deep Care Elite – This radiofrequency device by Indiba offers aesthetic treatments for large and small areas. It quickly reduces (subQ and visceral) fat, treats cellulite, and tightens skin. Depending on your goals, we formulate a plan that ranges from soothing facials to tightening excess skin following weight loss or pregnancy.
- Minimally-invasive Radiofrequency Liposuction – These devices use heat energy created by a probe inserted under the skin. The electrical current reduces pockets of fat, smooths and tightens skin, and stimulates collagen production.